Tainted Herbs are White Mountain Herbs that have been washed over with pure Venom. These herbs speed up the Venom producing process and are often used by the Corrupted to boost their Venom levels, therefore increasing their physical, magical, and mental performance.
As noted by Terry in Overdrive, Part 2, there are many methods of treatment one can use with these herbs in hand. Of course, more methods are coming up as time passes on. The herbs can be:
- Ground and combined with a steamy bath
- Ground and poured directly in the wound (tends to sting a little)
- Eaten raw
- Cooked (White Tea is a popular drink in the Hunter forces and all over La Seri, though it is a rarity (one must have the leaves) and therefore heftily priced)
- Ground and used in powder form
- Ground and used in spray form
Reactions to the HerbEdit
While the Hunters, and Outsiders are calmed and replenished in its presence, the Naginata don't seem to take the herb (and the light crystal)'s presence too well. The eyes of a Naginata will go completely black, and they'll either hiss and roar at the herb as if they were wild beasts or simply panic. A White Mountain Herb is stingy to the Naginata's touch, and burns through their saliva. The only way to completely rid the herb of its magic (aside from not storing it properly) is to cover it in Parasite blood, though even that may become cumbersome.